Declaration of Fraternal Relations between the Revolutionary Socialist League (Kenya) and the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency, 30 August 2019, https://redflagkenya.wordpress.com/ and www.thecommunists.net
1. After a period of discussion and collaboration the Revolutionary Socialist League (Kenya) and the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) have decided to establish fraternal relations.
2. The programmatic basis for our fraternal relations constitutes agreement on a revolutionary platform for Kenya (www.thecommunists.net/theory/action-program-forward-to-a-free-and-socialist-kenya/). We have also reached general agreement on the RCIT’s “Manifesto for the Revolutionary Liberation of Black Africa” (https://www.thecommunists.net/theory/manifesto-for-the-revolutionary-liberation-of-black-africa/). The comrades from the RSL made several suggestions on this document which shall be integrated in future documents.
3. We discussed the issues of the character of the Gaddafi regime in Libya until 2011 as well as the nature of the Bolivarian government in Venezuela. While we recognize the need for further discussion, we agree that the popular uprisings in North Africa and the Middle East (incl. in Libya) which began in 2011 have a legitimate character as they were resp. are directed against capitalist dictatorships. Likewise we also agree on rejecting any military intervention of the imperialist Great Powers. Furthermore we agree on the characterization of the Bolivarian government in Venezuela as reformist as well as on the necessity to defend the country against any form of imperialist intervention or right-wing coup-mongers.
4. We consider Africa as a highly important region – both as a place for super-exploitation by the imperialist Great Powers (like the US, EU, China) and the local capitalists as well as a key area for the liberation struggle of the international working class and the oppressed people. We will therefore collaborate in order to advance the struggle against capitalist exploitation and imperialist oppression in Kenya and the whole African continent. We plan to intensify our discussion and collaboration so that we can develop the basis for a fusion of our organizations.
5. We call upon revolutionaries in Kenya, Africa and internationally to join us in our struggle to rebuild a revolutionary World Party – an international party determined to fight for socialist revolution in Africa and around the world!