Dear comrades, brother and sisters!
Approaching New Year 2013, the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) sends its warmest greetings to all fighters for the liberation of the working class and the oppressed!
Behind us is year which has demonstrated again the willingness of the masses to fight for their liberation. To name only a few examples:
* the heroic mass strikes of the South African miners,
* the self-sacrificing struggle of the Palestinian masses in Gaza against the Zionist onslaught as well as of the Syrian workers and peasants against the reactionary Assad regime,
* the general strikes and the Hunger Uprising in Argentina,
* the repeated general strikes of the workers in Greece, Spain and Portugal,
* the ongoing struggle of the Balochi people in Pakistan and the Tamil people in Sri Lanka or
* the many local struggles of the workers and peasants in China against the Stalinist-capitalist regime which only 12 months ago exploded into the Uprising in Wukan.
These struggles are so full of dedication of countless numbers of liberation fighters. But this steadfastness and heroism unfortunately is not matched with the political leadership these mass struggles deserve and desperately need. As a result these mass movements often find at their top bureaucrats who are openly betraying the struggle or who are looking for a pathetic compromise. To give just a few examples we refer to the Stalinist CP bureaucrats in the South African trade unions, the petty-bourgeois and bourgeois Islamist leaders in Syria and Palestine, the Moyano bureaucrats of the CGT in Argentina or the social-democratic, Stalinist or neo-social democratic (SYRIZA) trade union and party leaders in Southern Europe.
Of course, such terrible misleaderships are not the fault of the masses themselves but of the corrupt and bankrupt political forces which pretend since decades to stand for socialism (Stalinism, social democracy, centrism). Obviously, these difficulties must be no excuse for revolutionaries to avoid joining the struggle, fighting with the workers and peasants and applying the united front tactic towards these leaderships. Lenin and Trotsky taught us that there is no other way for revolutionaries to build roots amongst the fighting masses, gain the trust and break them away from the treacherous misleaders.
Indeed revolutionaries have demonstrated in the past year that they are prepared to fight with all the necessary scarifies for the cause of the working class liberation.
* Let us commemorate first and foremost the five revolutionary martyrs Abu Mwawyah Al-Massry, Abu Mussa Al-Jazaery, Abu Al-Qayss, Hesham Abu Salamah and Sanad Abu Jatab from the Brigade Sevian Al-Laith (León Sedov Brigade, associated with the FLTI).
* We also want to refer to the bold intervention of the comrades from the WIVP during the South African miners’ strike.
* And we want to draw attention to the ongoing cases of state repression against comrade Carlos Munzer from the LOI/FLTI in Argentina as well as our comrade Johannes Wiener from the Austrian section of the RCIT.
These scarifies are part of the hard and necessary struggle to forge a new World Party of Socialist Revolution, which will be, in our view, the Fifth Workers International based on an authentic communist programme.
As Bolshevik-Communists we say that the struggle for liberation cannot win as long as we have not succeeded in the formation of such a revolutionary combat party nationally and internationally. Only such a party can give the necessary leadership for those struggles. Only such a party can transmit the communist program into the masses. It is therefore the central task of all consistent revolutionary forces to focus on building such a combat party.
The comrades in the RCIT – in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, USA and Austria – are dedicated to build such a party nationally and internationally. In 2012 we had the chance for discussion and collaboration with a number of revolutionary organizations. The RCIT hopes to deepen these discussions and collaborations with the view of joining forces. Let us march forward!
Workers and Oppressed, Unite!
Forward in building the Fifth Workers’ International on a revolutionary basis!
Unity – Struggle – Victory!
Michael Pröbsting, Nina Gunić and Shujat Liaqat (for the RCIT)