Solidarity Message from the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT), 3.7.2016, www.thecommunists.net
The Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) sends its warmest greetings to the teachers in Mexico which are fighting against the reactionary education reform of the bourgeois government of President Peña Nieto. In particular we hail the heroic teachers of Oaxaca and the whole people of this state which have fought back the terrorist Policia Federal despite the killing of 12 people in the region of Nochixtlán.
The struggle of the Mexican teacher is not only important for all worker, poor peasants and popular sectors of the country but for the whole Latin American region and beyond. If you defeat the Nieto’s assault on free education, it will be a setback for all neoliberal enemies of popular education around the world!
Together with our comrades of Agrupación de Lucha Socialista the RCIT dedicates its forces for the creation of a world party fighting for socialist revolution. We call all democratic and socialist activists in Mexico to fight for:
* For the defense of public education, free, secular, scientific and popular!
* Solidarity with the people's struggle in Oaxaca! Freedom for all political prisoners! Stop the repression! For a workers, peasants and popular government!
* For the creation of popular committees of action all over the country which should include all popular mass organizations, trade unions, sections of MORENA etc. in order to unify the struggle! For a national assembly of delegates of popular assemblies, committees of action and mass organizations in order to plan the struggle against the government!
* For the formation of popular assemblies in Oaxaca to organize public life as well as self-defense against state repression!
* For a general strike to stop the reforms and to bring down the government!
* Down with the government of Peña Nieto! For a workers' government in alliance with the poor peasant and the urban poor!
* We call organizations of the workers and oppressed (e.g. UNT, SME, NCT, CNI etc.) to break with corrupt politicians and corporatists bureaucracies and to build a new mass party of the working class!