Michael Pröbsting was born in Vienna (Austria) in 1967. He became politically active when he was 14 years old and has been an organized Trotskyist militant since the age of 16. After five years of membership in the United Secretariat of the Fourth International of Ernest Mandel, he joined the League for a Revolutionary Communist International (later renamed to League for the Fifth International) in February 1989. He served on the leadership bodies of the Austrian section from 1989 and of the LRCI/LFI since 1994, until he and his comrades-in-arms were expelled by the majority of this organization in April 2011. Soon after this, they founded the Revolutionary Communist Organization for Liberation in Austria and the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency which has sections, activists and fraternal organizations in 18 countries on all continents. He serves as the International Secretary of the RCIT.
As part of his international political work, Michael Pröbsting has spent lengthy periods in Occupied Palestine (Israel) in 1985, Eastern Germany during the political revolutionary process of 1989-91, Britain in 1994, and during the revolutionary period in Argentina in 2002. In addition, he gained experience in workers’ and anti-imperialist movements during visits to numerous countries in Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and North America.
Michael Pröbsting is the author of many articles and pamphlets in both German and English of which a number have been translated in other languages. His books are:
* Rosa Luxemburg – ”Ich bin ein Land der unbeschränkten Möglichkeiten“ (Co-Author, 1999)
* The Credit Crunch – A Marxist Analyses (Co-Author, 2008)
* Marxismus, Migration und revolutionäre Integration (2010)
* Die halbe Revolution. Lehren und Perspektiven des arabischen Aufstandes (2011)
* The Great Robbery of the South. Continuity and Changes in the Super-Exploitation of the Semi-Colonial World by Monopoly Capital Consequences for the Marxist Theory of Imperialism (2013)
* Cuba’s Revolution Sold Out? The Road from Revolution to the Restoration of Capitalism (2013)
* Building the Revolutionary Party in Theory and Practice (2014)
* Greece: A Modern Semi-Colony. The Contradictory Development of Greek Capitalism (2015)
* Marxism and the United Front Tactic Today (2016)
* World Perspectives 2018: A World Pregnant with Wars and Popular Uprisings (2018)