We condemn in strong words the United States of America Military Occupation of Ghana: We Say No to any Imperial Occupation in Afrika!!!
Joint Statement of Pan-Afrikan Consciousness Renaissance (Nigeria) and the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT), 27th March, 2018, https://m.facebook.com/pacrenaissance and www.thecommunists.net
The Pan-Afrikan Consciousness Renaissance (Nigeria) and the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) condemn the recent agreement that was reached between the government of the United States of America and the government of the Republic of Ghana. It is imperative to state that this agreement is not just counterproductive for the Ghanaian masses but it is also a threat to life and limb of the Afrikan people.
A leaked classified document on the 22nd of March, 2018 exposed an agreement approved by the Ghanaian government to grant an unrestricted access to a chunk of Ghanaian lands, military facilities and information to the United States Military since on the 8th of the same month and year. The basic pact reached in this agreement is that the United States Military now has the permit to establish a base in Ghana.
It will be recalled that since the 1980s, successive United States governments have been establishing military base camps across Afrika under the guise of the United States Afrikan Command (AFRICOM) primarily for the purpose of staging and deploying forces on the continent. The newly concluded agreement by the Ghanaian and the United States governments has just revealed yet again the neo-colonial, backward, pro-imperialists, pro-capitalists, nature and character of the puppets parading as Heads of States in Afrika.
The puppet in Ghana, Nana Akufo Addo signed this agreement without any core indication of what would be the gains of the Ghanaian masses. Outside from the fact that this government agreed to an unrestricted access of Ghanaian lands and seas to the United States Military, this government also accepted a tax exemption deal with the United States government. Quite bizarre in the agreement also is that the Nana Akufo Addo led anti-Afrikan masses government agreed to bear the cost for the procurement of the facilities needed for the success of the United States Military base in Ghana.
This agreement represents another step in undermining the achievements of the Afrikan liberation struggle. This struggle has led, among others, to the independence of Ghana and the creation of its first nationalist government led by Kwame Nkrumah and was instrumental to the flag independence of several Afrikan countries in the 1960s.
In the spirit of the collective responsibility of the Afrikan masses at this material point in time, we therefore deemed it necessary to make the following demands:
1. We demand for the immediate repudiation of any agreement that had been hitherto reached between the United States and the Ghanaian governments on the establishment of a military base in Ghana. We are saying that the lands and seas of Ghana belongs to the people, no more no less.
2. We are also calling for immediate protests in Ghana and across the continent – beginning with demonstrations, strikes up to the occupation of all Ghanaian embassies across the continent and if possible beyond - until the Ghanaian government repudiates this obnoxious agreement.
3. We demand from the Ghanaian government to immediately begin the process of deploying the finances outlined for the building of the military base into funding public services like health, transport, education, and other sectors for the benefit of the Ghanaian masses.
4. We are also calling on the Ghanaian masses to immediately kick-start the process of deposing the Nana Akufo Addo led anti-Afrika, pro-capitalist government for the restoration of a genuine Afrikan workers and popular government based on a revolutionary socialist program.
5. In the same vein, our movement is calling for the mobilization of the Afrikan masses across the continent to earnestly begin the practical process of dismantling all United States military base camps and other foreign military base camps (e.g. British, French, Chinese) across the continent.
6. We are also calling on activists of the liberation movement to begin with the creation of Afrikan revolutionary socialist political parties across the continent for the purpose of deposing the puppets and pro-imperialists governments that pervades the continent.
7. We demand for all practical works and efforts against the re-colonization, re-enslavement of the Afrikan continent.
ALUTA CONTINUA!! VICTORIA ACERTA!! IZWE LETHU E’AFRIKA!! AMANDLA!!