For an international solidarity campaign to support the Palestinian people!
Emergency Statement of the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT), 05.05.2019 (23:00 UTC Time), www.thecommunists.net
1. Once more, the Israeli government has escalated its terror campaign against the Palestinian people in Gaza. In the last 48 hours the Israeli air force and navy have killed 24 Palestinians, among them Falastine Abu Arar, a 37-year-old pregnant mother, and her 14-month old niece Siba. About 70 Palestinians were wounded in the attacks. In addition, the Israeli army destroyed the building which had housed the Gaza bureau of the Turkish state-run Anadolu news agency. Three Israeli have died as a result of Palestinian rocket fire in retaliation.
2. This bloody aggression is just the latest event in a long history of brutal oppression of the Palestinian people by the Zionist state. The creation of Israel via the collective expulsion of the Palestinian people in 1948 (the “Nakba”), the occupation of Gaza and the West Bank in 1967, the siege against Gaza since 2007, the killing of at least 266 Palestinians and injuring of more than 6,557 by live ammunition since the beginning of the Great March of Return on 30 March 2018 – these are just a few headings summarizing the outrageous crimes of the Zionist colonial settler state.
3. The Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) fully supports the Palestinian liberation struggle. We say: Defend Gaza! Defeat Israel! Irrespective of our opposition to the bourgeois and petty-bourgeois policy of Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Fatah we stand unconditionally in the camp of the Palestinian resistance fighting against the Israeli occupation forces. We call for popular committees in order to advance a Third Intifada.
4. The RCIT calls for a broad international solidarity campaign of workers and popular organizations in support of the Palestinian people. For mass mobilizations and a global popular boycott campaign against Israel! Stop all forms of military, economic, political and cultural collaboration with the Zionist Apartheid state!
5. We also call to link the Palestinian liberation struggle with the second wave of the Great Arab Revolution – the popular uprisings in Algeria and Sudan, the ongoing Syrian Revolution against the Assad tyranny, the resistance against General Sisi in Egypt and General Haftar in Libya, the popular mass protests in Morocco, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, etc.! For a single Intifada from Idlib to Jerusalem, from Algiers to Khartoum, from Rabat to Cairo, and from Tripoli to Teheran!
6. The RCIT emphasizes once more that the only solution is the right of millions of Palestinian refugees to return to their homeland and to replace the Zionist entity with one democratic state from the river to the sea – a Free Red Palestine with equal civil rights to the Arabs and the Israeli Jews! For a socialist federation of the Middle East!
International Bureau of the RCIT
* * * * *
For the analysis of the RCIT and its comrades in Occupied Palestine of the Palestinian liberation struggle, we refer readers to our numerous articles and documents accessed from the Africa and Middle East section of our website: https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/ as well as the website of our section in Occupied Palestine: http://the-isleague.com/.