Thousands of Palestinians shot in cold blood on a single day by Israeli occupation troops!
Emergency Statement of the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT), 15.05.2018 (05:00 UTC Time), www.thecommunists.net
1. According to the latest reports, at least 58 Palestinians were killed on 14 May in Gaza and more than 2,700 others wounded as the Israeli army fired live ammunition, tear gas and firebombs at unarmed Palestinian protesters. Since the protests began on March 30, Israeli forces have killed at least 107 Palestinians in the enclave and wounded about 12,000 people.
2. Symbolically, this massacre took place at the same time as the provocative opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem. Trump’s decision to move the embassy to Jerusalem reflects the unlimited support of US imperialism for the annexation of Palestine by the Zionist state. Unsurprisingly, the White House claimed, in press conference on 14 May, that “the responsibility for these tragic deaths rests squarely with Hamas”. It reiterated the Trump administration's refrain that “Israel has a right to defend itself”! There can be no doubt: The “Axis of Evil” on the Palestinian question consists of US, Israel and Saudi Arabia!
3. Today is the day which Palestinians mourn as the "Nakba" or "Catastrophe" when, in 1948, hundreds of thousands of them were driven out of their homes by the Zionist aggressors in order to create the Israeli state. We can expect even larger mass protests today. And we have to assume that the bloodthirsty Zionist killers are prepared to slaughter even more Palestinian brothers and sisters.
4. Around the world, popular masses are shocked and enraged about this incredible massacre. Thousands marched spontaneously in Istanbul on the same day. Today, the Palestinian people will hold a general strike. Hamas is calling for a new Intifada. Reflecting this outrage in the field of bourgeois diplomacy, both Turkey and South Africa withdrew their ambassadors from Israel. Turkey also called for an emergency meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.
5. The Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) sends its warmest greetings to the heroic Palestinian brothers and sisters who are fighting for their freedom and who are ready to sacrifice their lives for the future of their people! We send our warmest condolences to the families of the 107 martyrs who have been murdered by the Zionists since March 30. We declare our unconditional solidarity with the protests of the Palestinians and all advocates of freedom around the world!
6. The RCIT and its predecessor organization as well as its comrades in Occupied Palestine have fought for decades against the barbaric Zionist oppression of the Palestinian people. Our solidarity with the Palestinian brothers and sisters will continue until they have achieved freedom, until the millions of Palestinian refugees can return to their home and until the Zionist entity will be replaced by a Free Red Palestine with equal civil rights to the Arabs and the Israeli Jews!
7. The RCIT calls for an end of all forms of collaboration with the Zionist terror state. We reiterate: It is urgent to break the conspiracy of the Palestinian Authority to liquidate the resistance against the Israeli occupation. For an immediate stop to all forms of collaboration of the Palestinian Authority with the Israeli state! For a popular Intifada! Build popular committees and self-defense committees composed of Palestinian workers, poor peasants, and youth in places of work, towns, and villages!
8. We repeat: The Palestinian people need our international solidarity more than ever! The whole world must be shaken by mass mobilizations and determined resistance to counter the Zionist terror. Protest in front of the US and Israeli embassies! Support popular actions against the Israeli state! Force the governments around the world to stop their open and hidden economic, political and military aid for the Zionist state!
* No to the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel capital! Protest in front of the US and Israeli embassies!
* Revive the Palestinian Intifada!
* For popular committees and self-defense committees composed of Palestinian workers, poor peasants, and youth in places of work, towns, and villages!
* For international solidarity actions including mass demonstrations and popular actions against Israel!
* Stop economic, political and military aid for the Zionist state!
* Lift the Israeli blockade against the Gaza! Egyptian workers and peasants: Break the reactionary blockade of the al-Sisi regime against Gaza!
* Israeli workers and youth: Turn against the racist demagogues! Defend the Palestinians against the reactionary settlers, the fascist gangs, and the army!
* For a Free Red Palestine!
* Unite the Arab Revolution with a renewed Intifada in Palestine! Support the Syrian Revolution against the reactionary Assad dictatorship! Bring down the reactionary military dictatorship of General al-Sisi in Egypt! Support the Yemeni people against the Saudi aggression!
* Onward to the building of a revolutionary workers’ party as part of a World Party for Socialist Revolution!
International Secretariat of the RCIT
The names of the Palestinian martyrs are listed (and regularly updated) on a special site of Al Jazeera. (https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/gaza-protest-latest-updates-180406092506561.html)
For the analysis of the RCIT and its comrades in Occupied Palestine of the Palestinian liberation struggle, we refer readers to our numerous articles and documents accessed from the Africa and Middle East section of our website: https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/ as well as the website of our section in Occupied Palestine: http://the-isleague.com/.
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.