Formation of a Liaison Committee between CEP and RCIT
Joint Declaration of Colectivo Emancipacion Proletaria and the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency, 19 July 2020, www.thecommunists.net
1. Our joint statements on the COVID-19 Counterrevolution, on the popular uprising in the U.S., on the pro-Zionist betrayal by FIT-U deputies in Argentina and our rejection of the Stalinist methods of slandering (see Appendix) demonstrate that we have already reached agreement on key issues of the current world situation. Hence, our common commitment of fighting for a revolutionary program in the tradition of Lenin and Trotsky is substantiated by agreement on central questions of the international class struggle today.
2. We have made these joint statements and set up a fighting bloc because we recognize the responsibility of authentic revolutionaries to take the initiative in the current historic and extraordinary world situation. This situation is characterized, on one side, by the counter-revolutionary offensive of the ruling class under the cover of the COVID-19 pandemic and the shift towards state bonapartism. However, at the same time, we see uprisings of the popular masses, in the U.S. as well as other countries, which break down the reactionary Lockdown regime.
3. In this historic situation – comparable to 1914 or 1989-91 – the reformist and ossified centrist forces experience another “4 August”. Once more, most of these pseudo-leftists commit a historic betrayal by supporting – openly or disguised – the bonapartist state of siege with all the lockdown and surveillance measures. Cynically, they characterize the lockdown policy as being in the interest of the working class and call for even harsher and longer lockdowns! As a consequence, these “leftist” parties and groups have become social-bonapartists. In such a historic situation, authentic revolutionaries have the responsibility to join forces in calling for the immediate convocation of an International Conference of all Revolutionary Organizations and Groups that oppose the quarantine and the state of siege from the workers and revolutionary point of view.
4. We call revolutionaries around the world to join us in the struggle for a Conference of Struggle and International Coordination of Workers' and Revolutionary Organizations, which coincide in the programmatic points of our joint declaration on the counter-revolution COVID 19. In times like today when large sectors of the official left capitulate to the bonapartist pressure of the ruling class, it is of highest importance that authentic Marxists do not take a passive “wait and see” approach but march forward energetically and bold in international coordination, centralization and struggle! The working class is one and global. We must tear down the walls and borders invented by the bourgeoisie to isolate ourselves, while big capital acts and coordinates internationally.
5. Naturally, we are aware that we have differences on several central issues. But we believe that these differences should not prevent us from fighting together at the points where we have an agreement. We equally reject the centrist alchemy of hiding the differences and the sectarianism that prevents a joint struggle on the issues of agreement. We are aware that our discussion is far from complete.
6. For this reason, we will set up a Liaison and Discussion Committee that will provide the forum to deepen our discussion and to clarify and overcome existing differences. Such differences are only natural given that we arrive from different traditions. Likewise, we will continue to take joint political initiatives in order to intervene in the international class struggle and the debates within the vanguard of the working class and the youth. In this way, we hope to explore the bases for achieving, based on the agreements, a greater unity and centralization of our forces in a joint international Trotskyist organization.
7. Based on the above, we also clarify that, unlike the pseudo-Trotskyists, the debates on the differences will be conducted in front of the vanguard, so that it can judge by itself the different positions of the groups and even leaders at the individual level. We are against the sects that hide important political differences which might exist within such a Comité de Enlace y Discusión. Hiding such differences would be in contrast to the tradition of living Bolshevism.
8. The Liaison and Discussion Committee will issue a public Discussion Bulletin for debates.
Colectivo Emancipacion Proletaria (Argentina, Chile)
Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (Brazil, Mexico, Pakistan, Kashmir, Sri Lanka, South Korea, Israel/Occupied Palestine, Yemen, Nigeria, Kenya, Russia, Britain, Germany and Austria)
Appendix: Joint Statements and relevant Documents
The COVID-19 Counterrevolution and the Betrayal of the Lockdown Left, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/global/joint-statement-the-covid-19-counterrevolution-and-the-betrayal-of-the-lockdown-left/ // La contrarrevolución COVID-19 y la traición de la izquierda de la cuarentena, https://www.thecommunists.net/home/espa%C3%B1ol/declaracion-conjunta-la-contrarrevolucion-covid-19-y-la-traicion-de-la-izquierda-de-la-cuarentena/
FIT (Argentina): A Scandalous Betrayal of the Heroic Palestinian Masses! https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/latin-america/fit-argentina-a-scandalous-betrayal-of-the-heroic-palestinian-masses/ // FIT (Argentina): una escandalosa traición a las heroicas masas palestinas, https://www.thecommunists.net/home/español/fit-argentina-una-escandalosa-traicion-a-las-heroicas-masas-palestinas/
Despite the Traps of the World Bourgeoisie: The Awakening of the Proletariat in the Heart of the Imperialist Beast, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/north-america/joint-statement-on-popular-uprising-in-the-u-s/ // A pesar de las trampas de la Burguesía Mundial: El Despertar del Proletariado en el Corazón de la Bestia Imperialista, https://www.thecommunists.net/home/espa%C3%B1ol/declaracion-conjunta-el-despertar-del-proletariado-en-el-corazon-de-la-bestia-imperialista/
EN DEFENSA DE LA MORAL Y LOS PRINCIPIOS REVOLUCIONARIOS. POR UN TRIBUNAL MORAL INTERNACIONAL, https://www.thecommunists.net/forum/cep-en-defensa-de-la-moral-y-los-principios-revolucionarios-por-un-tribunal-moral-intrernacional/; Letter from the RCIT to the FLTI (30.6.2020), https://www.thecommunists.net/forum/exchange-of-letters-with-flti/