International solidarity with the Sudanese people!
Emergency Statement of the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT), 04 June 2019, www.thecommunists.net
1. The bloody crackdown of the Sudanese army against the peaceful protesters on 3 June has resulted in at least 35 people killed and hundreds injured. The so-called Transitional Military Council (TMC) has cancelled a power-transfer agreement with protesters. While it promised elections within nine months it is clear that such elections would not take place under free and democratic conditions. No one should suffer any illusions concerning the present situation. This is an attempt of the army command to follow the road of General Sisi in Egypt! If the TMC succeeds in its plan, it would represent a devastating defeat for the Sudanese people!
2. This is a powerful lesson that any negotiations with the army command are a dangerous diversion. Authentic freedom and democracy cannot be achieved through a collaborative effort with the army command – but only by defeating and removing it!
3. The Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT) states its full solidarity with the Sudanese workers and poor fighting against the dictatorship! We support the call for a general strike as it has been recently made by the Forces for Freedom and Change (irrespective of our political reservations towards this alliance).
4. Such a general strike should last until the counter-revolutionary attack of the TMC has been defeated. At the same time it is crucial that the popular masses build self-defense committees in order to resist the attacks! Furthermore, the people must try to win over the ordinary soldiers so that they do not follow the orders of their generals but, rather, join the protests.
5. The strategic goal must be to overthrow the TMC via a popular insurrection! For a Revolutionary Constituent Assembly! For a workers and poor peasants government! For a revolutionary party as part of a revolutionary world party! Join the RCIT in fighting for such a perspective!
International Bureau of the RCIT
* * * * *
The RCIT has published several documents on the Sudanese Revolution:
Yossi Schwartz: Sudan: Down with the Military Dictatorship! 03.06.2019, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/down-with-sudan-s-military-dictatorship/
RCIT: Algeria and Sudan: Two Important Victories and a Warning. No trust in the army command and the old elite! Continue the Revolution! 11 April 2019, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/first-victories-in-algeria-and-sudan/
RCIT: Sudan: Bring Down the Regime of Omar al-Bashir! Organize Committees of Action! For a General Strike and Popular Insurrection to bring down the Regime! For a Workers and Poor Peasants Government! 28 December 2018, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/sudan-bring-down-the-regime-of-omar-al-bashir/