Defend our Muslim brothers and sisters against racism! Organize to fight all racist, fascist and white supremacist gangs! Support the global struggle against imperialist aggression and dictatorships!
Emergency Statement of the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency (RCIT), 16 March 2019, www.thecommunists.net
1. The cold-blooded attack on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, by a fascist gunman has sent shockwaves around the world. Within a few minutes, the terrorist slaughtered 49 Muslims – men, women and children – who had no chance to escape. According to current information, 39 wounded people are being treated in hospitals, 11 in critical condition including a four-year-old girl.
2. We send our deep condolence to the families of the victims and to the whole Muslim ummah! Your pain is our pain. We call the workers and popular organizations around the world to show their solidarity and respect with the brothers and sisters!
3. While we don’t know at this moment if the gunman was part of an organization or not, it is evident that this terrorist attack was not an isolated act. It was the inevitable result of a wave of Islamophobic chauvinism and racism which has been spread throughout the imperialist world. It is not by chance that the killer praised the US president as “a symbol of renewed white identity”. Donald Dumb Trump, the German AfD, Italian’s Salvini, the brutal oppression of Muslim peoples in China’s East Turkestan, in Chechnya or in Kashmir – this is the environment of Anti-Muslim bigotry.
4. Do you remember the terrorist attack against the racist French magazine Charlie Hebdo – a racist magazine which spread hate-mongering against Muslim minorities? At that time, 17 people were killed. In reaction, the leaders of nearly all capitalist states around the world immediately travelled to Paris and marched hand in hand to show their support for this racist magazine. They launched a global campaign “Je Suis Charlie” (I am Charlie) and organized solidarity demonstrations all over the world. Today, when a fascist kills 49 innocent Muslim migrants, what are these “world leaders” doing?! Will they come to Christchurch? Will they launch a global campaign “I am a Muslim”? We already know the answer!
5. We can best revenge the victims of this fascist mass murder by organizing a mass fight back against Islamophobia and racism. The workers and popular organizations must join forces in order to fight against all forms of discrimination and hate-mongering against migrants and, in particular, Muslim migrants! Identify racist and fascist groups and fight them! Don’t trust the capitalist state but organize self-defense!
6. Furthermore we need active international solidarity with the resistance of the oppressed people against imperialist aggression and dictatorships! Defend the Syrian people fighting against the criminal regime of Assad and its Russian master; support the Chechen people suffering from the yoke of Russian imperialism and the butcher Kadyrov; defend the Uyghurs thrown by imperialist China into cynically called “reeducation camps”; support the Kashmiri people brutally suppressed by the Indian state; and defend the Afghan and Somali people resisting against U.S. imperialism and their local lackeys. Long live international solidarity! Long live the struggle for a free, socialist world!
* * * * *
We refer readers to our website where the RCIT has published numerous booklets, statements and articles on these issues. In particular we draw attention to the following documents:
On the Syrian Revolution we refer readers a special sub-section on our website: https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/collection-of-articles-on-the-syrian-revolution/
Afghanistan: Drive the US Occupants Out! 23.08.2017, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/asia/us-occupants-out-of-afghanistan/
Solidarity with the Liberation Struggle of the Chechen People! February 2018, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/europe/solidarity-with-the-liberation-struggle-of-the-chechen-people/
China: Defend the Muslim Uyghurs against Oppression! 18.10.2018, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/asia/china-defend-the-muslim-uyghurs-against-oppression/
India-Pakistan: Defeat the War Mongers! Free Kashmir! 27 February 2019, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/asia/india-pakistan-defeat-the-war-mongers-free-kashmir/
On the Charlie Hebdo attack see:
France after the Attacks in Paris: Defend the Muslim People against Imperialist Wars, Chauvinist Hatemongering, and State Repression! 9.1.2015, http://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/europe/statement-paris-attacks/
The Racist Character of Charlie Hebdo and the pro-imperialist campaign “Je Suis Charlie”. Solidarity with Muslim People instead of Solidarity with Charlie Hebdo! 17.1.2015, http://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/europe/racist-charlie-hebdo/
After the Paris Attack: Socialists must Join Hands with Muslim People Against Imperialism and Racism! 17.1.2015, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/europe/france-defend-muslims/
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.