Defend North Korea against the Madman of US Imperialism! Down with the imperialist sanctions against North Korea! No political support for the Stalinist Kim Regime!
Statement of the Revolutionary Communist International Tendency, 11 August 2017, www.thecommunists.net
1. Donald Trump has yet again escalated his militaristic threats against North Korea. After announcing on 8 August that the Asian country would be "met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," the US president added two days later: "Maybe it wasn't tough enough." Asked by journalists if he would consider a pre-emptive strike against North Korea, Trump said ambiguously, "We'll see what happens." (Reuters, 8 August 2017).
2. It would be very wrong to reduce the problem to one of the mental state of the current US president. True, on the surface, this bizarre combination of clown and psychopath in the White House appears as a sad aberration of history. However, it is not merely Trump, but the entire ruling class of US imperialism, that it determined to teach the world a lesson that no one dare to stand up to the American Empire! Just take the dramatic genocidal threat that US Defense Secretary James Mattis made in the last day to North Korea to "cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and destruction of its people" (CNN, 10 August 2017). Or consider the approval of Trump’s war rhetoric by the influential US Senator Lindsey Graham, who said he believes the president would be willing to launch a pre-emptive strike to prevent Pyongyang from launching a nuclear attack on the US homeland. In short, a military attack by US imperialism against North Korea has become a truly realistic possibility!
3. As we have made clear in past statements, the RCIT has not the slightest political sympathy for the Stalinist North Korean regime. However, what matters are not words, bombastic as they may be, but facts! It is the US and not North Korea which has launched countless wars on all continents, which is occupying foreign countries, which has dropped nuclear bombs, which possesses thousands of nuclear missiles, and which just four months ago dropped history’s most powerful non-nuclear weapon (the "Mother of All Bombs") on Afghanistan! It is the US and other Great Powers that are placing sanction after sanction on the northeast Asian country and are thereby starving its people! In other words, it is US imperialism and its allies – and not the regime of Kim Jong Un – which pose a mortal danger to the North Korean people and humanity in general!
4. The RCIT therefore urgently calls upon the international workers’ movements and popular mass organizations to mobilize with the slogan "Stop the US Warmongers!" Likewise, they should mobilize in opposition to the sanctions which have been imposed on North Korea. In the event of a military conflict, the RCIT would call for the defeat of the imperialist forces and their allies and for the defense of North Korea.
* Stop the US Warmongers! For demonstrations, strikes and sabotage to stop US military aggression!
* Down with the imperialist sanctions against North Korea! Stop the deployment of the THAAD missile defense system in South Korea!
* In any military conflict between the US or South Korea on one side and North Korea on the other: Defeat the imperialist forces and their allies and defend North Korea!
* Down with the Stalinist dictatorship in Pyongyang! For a political revolution of the workers, peasants and oppressed in North Korea!
* For the revolutionary unification of the Korean peninsula! For a Korean Workers’ and Peasant Republic!
International Secretariat of the RCIT
See also our past statements on the imperialist aggression against North Korea:
RCIT: US Sanctions against Russia, Iran, and North Korea are an Economic Declaration of War, 30 July 2017, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/north-america/us-sanctions-vs-russia-iran-north-korea/
RCIT: North Korea: Stop the War Mongering of US Imperialism! 4 April 2017, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/asia/us-aggression-vs-north-korea/
RCIT: New Imperialist Threats in East Asia: Hands off North Korea! 12.3.2013, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/asia/defend-north-korea/
RCIT: No War against North Korea! Call for Protests on the Day when a War starts! 6.4.2013, https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/asia/no-war-against-north-korea/
For our analysis of the Trump Administration and the crisis of US imperialism, we refer readers to various documents:
RCIT: World Perspectives 2017: The Struggle against the Reactionary Offensive in the Era of Trumpism. Theses on the World Situation, the Perspectives for Class Struggle and the Tasks of Revolutionaries, 18 December 2016, https://www.thecommunists.net/theory/world-perspectives-2017/
Michael Pröbsting: The Meaning, Consequences and Lessons of Trump‘s Victory. On the Lessons of the US Presidential Election Outcome and the Perspectives for the Domestic and International Class Struggle, 24.November 2016, http://www.thecommunists.net/theory/meaning-of-trump/
For our analysis of the emergence of South Korea as a small imperialist power, we refer readers to the following document:
Michael Pröbsting: Capitalist Development in South Korea and Taiwan (1997), https://www.thecommunists.net/theory/capitalism-in-south-korea-taiwan/
For our analysis of China as an emerging imperialist country we refer readers to various documents:
Michael Pröbsting: China‘s transformation into an imperialist power. A study of the economic, political and military aspects of China as a Great Power, in: Revolutionary Communism (English-language Journal of the RCIT) No. 4, http://www.thecommunists.net/publications/revcom-number-4;
Michael Pröbsting: Russia and China as Great Imperialist Powers. A Summary of the RCIT’s Analysis, 28 March 2014, in: Revolutionary Communism No. 22, http://www.thecommunists.net/theory/imperialist-china-and-russia/;
Michael Pröbsting: The China Question and the Marxist Theory of Imperialism. Again on China as an imperialist Power. Reply to a Polemic from CSR (Venezuela) and PCO (Argentina), December 2014, in: Revolutionary Communism No. 32, http://www.thecommunists.net/theory/reply-to-csr-pco-on-china/
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.